Lane Caputo Compensation Inc. is an independent board advisory firm specializing in guiding boards and leadership teams in linking their organization’s performance - from strategy to execution - to executive compensation programs. Our focus includes executive and Board of Director compensation reviews, strategic short- and long-term incentive design, executive retention and succession planning, compensation planning and integration in merger and acquisition situations, and the linkage of ESG initiatives to compensation programs.
We have been servicing the Western Canadian marketplace for over fifteen years through our offices in Vancouver and Calgary. Our Calgary office of six professionals is seeking an ambitious Associate capable of working on challenging assignments relating to executive and director compensation. Reporting to the Partners, the primary responsibility of this position is to build, develop and mentor the analyst team while providing expert technical and analytical support to the consultants in our Executive Compensation practice. The Associate will be able to manage and oversee multiple projects simultaneously as well lead the research and data analysis of larger projects with minimal guidance or supervision, while supporting the consulting team.
This role will be exposed to a broad range of clients and industries and will develop first-hand knowledge of critical business issues while honing client-management and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate will be able to manage the detailed technical work required, lead the firm’s research initiatives, and have the desire and potential to develop into a consulting role. Professional development will be provided to facilitate increasing client exposure over time and as appropriate.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Mentoring and providing project guidance to analyst team;
- Providing both a detailed and high-level peer review of analyses completed by other team members;
- Preparing initial drafts of client reports;
- Modeling the financial impact of compensation plans and programs;
- Using innovative methods to conduct or gather market research on compensation practices;
- Conducting proxy circular analysis and analysis of other publicly available data sources, including financial statement analysis and other sources of data as applicable;
- Conducting statistical analysis of compensation data;
- Benchmarking annual incentive plans and long-term incentive plan design and practice;
- Benchmarking financial, operational and ESG performance relative to peer groups or stock exchange indices;
- Overseeing and managing the maintenance of client management and compensation databases; and
- Leading and co-authoring the firm’s research initiatives.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Has completed their Bachelor’s Degree, Finance, Economics or related fields;
- Has 5+ years of professional experience with 2-3 years of experience in compensation and/or analyzing financial statements and other regulatory filings;
- Has a strong working knowledge of statistical methods and data analysis, with the associated ability to present their findings in a clear and concise manner;
- Has a strong working knowledge of the following PC-based software applications for analysis and reporting, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Familiarity and proficiency with financial software such as Capital IQ, Bloomberg, etc. would be an asset;
- Has a keen interest in statistical analysis and modeling;
- Is creative, analytical and detail-oriented, demonstrated through the ability to identify problems and draw conclusions, themes, and trends from data analysis in a consultative capacity;
- Is comfortable working in a boutique consulting environment with little direct supervision, while working with others as part of a fast-paced consultative team;
- Is naturally curious and not afraid to ask questions and seek clarification while working in a continuous learning environment; and
- Has robust internet research, writing, verbal, and quantitative skills.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org